Saturday, September 6, 2008

Roux the St. Bernard




I had always wanted a dog, but living in an apartment in New Orleans with a dog just wasn't a real option for me. So when we moved up to Iowa we knew that we had the space and time to devote to getting a puppy. We took home Roux on June 15th, 2008; she was 11 weeks old. She is a pure bread St. Bernard from a breeder in Council Bluffs. She was and is absolutely beautiful and I knew from the second I saw her that she was coming home with us. I believe she weighed about 30 or so pounds when we got her and now she is pushing 60. She is absolutely though a gentle giant and she provides so much fun for us. I will be updating you regularly with her progression to beast status, but for now enjoy this puppy picture of the day that we took her home.

No comments: