Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dreaming of the Deutches Haus



In honor of my Dad's birthday today, I decided to blog about my dad and I's favorite upcoming Fall event in New Orleans, Oktoberfest at the Deutches Haus. (Pictured are my dad, me, and my brother, Richard) I love Oktoberfest; beer, brats, shots, chicken dance... I love it but, since I have not been able to make it to Germany to celebrate the New Orleans Deutches Haus has been my place to party for many years. This weekend kicks off the festivities which will continue every weekend throughout October. I have already been called by many of NOLA friends reminding me of the upcoming event, basically trying to make me jealous. ( Just a reminder to everyone back in New Orleans- you don't have to keep trying to make me jealous about how much fun you are having there- I know- I am jealous- it didn't take you calling me to remind me). Anyhow, I will be celebrating Oktoberfest around here somewhere, even if it is a party at my house, I think I still have those beer goggles, but it will never be the Deutches Haus. If you live in New Orleans or are just visiting this is the place to celebrate and you can check out all of the festivities at http://www.deutscheshaus.org/. I will keep you posted if I find anywhere to celebrate around here. Happy Birthday dad; love you and wish I could be there to share a pitcher with you.

No comments: