Friday, September 12, 2008

Get Your Saints Gear Here... at Etsy



That's right it is football season again and really for me that just means Saint's season. I do not watch football unless I am forced to or it is the Saint's. I have been going to Saint's games since I was a kid and there is definitely no place like "The Dome" to see a Saint's game, but now that I am in Iowa I will have to settle for my living room and no dome foam, but I am still gonna get decked out for games. I have discovered the latest and greatest thing for planning my Saint's outfits now and the best part is that everything is hand/homemade. If you have not heard about Etsy yet, than you need to get on the bandwagon. I started a pact that I would only buy gifts for people from Etsy now. Everything is unique and handmade by thousands of different artists, designers, crafters, strange birds and etc... No mass marketed Wal-Mart jersey's here (yes I do have one), just interesting and different things to add to your wardrobe or home. All of the items I have chosen could help to make your Saint's season just a bit more fun. Above is the kind of scary, but very cool, Saint's collage sculpture that could be a great addition to any "who dat" fan. But let's get into the cute stuff.



This super cute Bobby Pin set is great and only costs $5.00. That is amazing.



These earings could be worn all year round from Saint's games, to LSU functions, and during Mardi Gras for sure. For $9.00 you can not beat it.



Seriously, could anything be cuter than seeing a baby wearing this. Even if you are not a Saint's fan, this is still a totally cool onesie and as a plus it can be for a boy or girl.



For the grown and sexy ladies though, I totally think this little babydoll tank top is adorable. I am getting my future mother-in-law one for sure. At $21.00 this shirt is totally "Saintsational".



Here is something a little different than your Mignon Faget jewelry of yesteryear. Give that stuff a rest and take a look at some new jewelry, like this necklace from a designer in Honolulu.



I am a huge fan of big cocktail rings, there is something about them that makes my hands feel regal. I am kind of gaining a collection. This one has been handcrafted by a woman in Wright City and is only $15.00.



For the men out there, I don't want you to feel left out. If you are feeling a bit more trendy than your jersey and face paint (hopefully not body too) then you might want to try one of these t-shirts made by Happyfamily in New Orleans. They are $24.00.

Last but not least...



Do something really great by buying one of these "upcycled" bags from GetReadySetGo. "Upcycled" literally means just upgrading something recycled or vintage. Most of these bags do not have Fleur De Lis emblems on them, but they are the cutest pieces of luggage. I would love to have this bag though to carry all of my tailgating needs to the dome.

I hope ya'll have gotten some ideas for some good gear. Keep the Dome rockin' for me and have a double Bloody as we cheer on our Saint's for another great season. "Superbowl 2008 for sure this year".

Everything seen above and so much more Saint's and Fleur De Lis stuff can be purchased at Etsy.

No comments: