Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Valentine's Day... The Great Hallmark Holiday.



chocolate, or maybe flowers, but because I truly get enjoyment from seeing couples out celebrating their love for each other. I love people watching and nothing brings warmth to your heart like people sharing in the greatest emotion on earth. A lot of times in our relationships we forget that romance is the thing that created our connection in the beginning and we truly need it to keep the passion alive. Since I work in the restaurant business I will be working on the actual day of Valentines (lot of people watching there- note to all, sitting on the same side of the table as your date is not cool), but tomorrow I plan on celebrating with my someone special with a relaxing dinner at home, a little music, wine (of course) and some red velvet cake truffles, my favorite. So if you are in a relationship or not I hope you will use this day to at least tell someone that you love and appreciate them. Happy Valentine's Day



RECIPE Red Velvet Cake Truffles
(I make mine from scratch, but this is the easy recipe. If you want to make it from scratch just find a recipe for the cake and icing)


1 box red velvet cake mix (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can cream cheese frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark (regular or white chocolate)
wax paper

1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can cream cheese frosting. (It may be easier to use fingers to mix together, but be warned it will get messy.)
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet. (Should make 45-50. You can get even more if you use a mini ice cream scooper, but I like to hand roll them.)
4. Chill for several hours. (You can speed this up by putting in the freezer.)
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package.
6. Roll balls in chocolate and lay on wax paper until firm. (Use a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate and then tap off extra.)

The are also fantastic dipped in white chocolate, whatever you prefer, just enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

O praise jesus... I want this recipe. But I have to make it for something or I will eat them all!