Wednesday, October 15, 2008

A Real Fall Season... Beginning with Apples



I am starting a baking kick, now that I have a little more time on my hands and what better time than Fall. I am not accustomed to seeing a true fall season, usually it is still in the high temperatures and humidity in New Orleans, so I am taking advantage this year of all that Fall has to offer, and yesterday it meant Apples. My favorite apple is the Pink Lady, but for baking golden delicious Apples are usually one of the best choices. So last night I made Anthony Bourdain's Tarte Alsacienne. It is a tarte usually made in the Alsace region of Europe, bordering France and Germany, where almost all of my heritage happens to come from. To my credit this was my first attempt at this, and I was pretty satisfied, but have some ideas of how to make it better. I will keep you posted on my next Fall baking adventures, I am trying to tackle some breads.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This looks so good!