Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Martha Stewart makes my life so much easier



I am usually adamantly opposed to ever going to Walmart, due to the fact that I do believe it is the corporate devil and has no soul or substance or heart, but since moving to the Midwest I have given my old enemy Walmart a chance, not willingly, but because I literally have no other choice. Walmart is the only place around here (in the next town over- we aren't even big enough to have a Walmart in our town) that I can get the things that I need, groceries, toiletries, etc... Target (my love) is 45 minutes away, so it makes it difficult to just run there after work. So on my recent excursion to the bully of all mega-stores I found something I could not believe, a Martha Stewart Section (for any woman who is into being domesticated and crafty, Martha Stewart is literally a God- she is crazy yet, perfect). I was shocked by this mostly because, I know that Martha has a line of goods at K-Mart and this seemed like it would be in direct competition to that, but it is not. The line of Martha stuff at Walmart is called "Martha Stewart Create" and has only two sections; one for crafting and scrapbooking and one for wedding goods. In the crafting section I found these great puppets, like the one pictured above. They are so wonderful for many reasons, but mostly because there is no glue, scissors, or colors required; all of the pieces come with self-adhesive on them and are super easy to put together with any child. We made Mr. Frog earlier this week with the children that I work with and we sang frog songs and did puppet shows with him and our other homemade puppets (remember the old sock puppets- they are still cute). I am definitely going to get more of these puppets for the children, but also keep tabs on what Martha might put out there next, because she is really making my life much easier (glue and scissors and kids is never neat and nice), so Thanks Martha.

No comments: