Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wine Braised Short Ribs and Creamy Polenta





For Christmas this year Christian and I received a Martha Stewart Dutch Oven (red of course to match my coffee maker) and the Martha Stewart Cooking School Cookbook. Last night was another wintry mix of wind, snow, and all around yuckiness, so we took the opportunity to make a rich, intensive, soul warming dish. I have been wanting to make Wine braised short ribs for a while, so when I saw the recipe in Martha's book, I took the opportunity. It came out so wonderful, though does take a few hours. We paired it with a creamy polenta that we added parmesan and farmer's cheese to and finished with a nice glass of Cabernet. Truly divine.



Voila! So Delicious


P.S. that is truffle salt glistening on the top. Just an added delicious factor to make it so worth the time put in.

No comments: