Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Black and White Crackle Cookies



Recently I was going to make a dessert for a friend of mines birthday, and she requested that I make these chocolate cookies that I had given her in the past from David Lebovitz's book "Room for Dessert". Lebovitz is like the guru of anything sweet so there are many great recipes for all kinds of desserts in his book, but the most acclaimed one that I have made thus far has to be the recipe for these black and white cookies. These are not the traditional New York style black and white cookies, but they are black and white nonetheless. They look beautiful and taste even better, many of my friends say they should come with a warning label, because literally once you pop you can't stop.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These are my favoirte cookies! My mom used to make them by the hundreds for christmas! Thanks for the reminder (: